1. Use a folding ruler or metal tape for measuring-cloth tapes may stretch or sag.
2. Start LENGTH measurement where you want the Rod hung (above the window) where you want the curtains to start, then measure towards the bottom window sill to the spot where you want the curtains to end. This Length measurement is the FINISHED LENGTH of your curtain panels.
3. The combined WIDTH of both curtain panels (2 panels come in a set) should equal 1 and a half to 2 times the total width of your window (e.g. the width of your window is 60", so your curtains panels combined should be minimum 90"-so you will need the 60" panels and you will achieve 120" of coverage on you 60" window and your curtains will be nice and full). Our curtains panels come 30" wide each panel (2 in a set) = 60" wide for a set OR 60" wide each panel (2 in a set) = 120" wide for a set.
4. Start WIDTH measurement up to 4" on either side of window and follow through to other side. Use guidelines in tip #3 above to determine what your finished width should be.
5. You may even find that two panels widths is not enough coverage for the width of your window. If this is the case, you can purchase 2 sets and put the curtains all on the same rod.